Monday, January 16, 2012

From the Windows, To the Walls!

While we moved to Austin in 2006 it was after a crazy ride on the New England real estate bubble and we weren't in a rush to get back into it.  We rented some great houses but then the house immediately next door to my sister and her family came onto the market two years ago we jumped on it.  The house was built in 1999 in a cul de sac and the entire thing is beige.  I think the builders called it "Summertime" but it's creamy beige and matte.  Two years of Norton style entertaining, and children, and life and the whole house is tired.  And ugly.  And no matter that Stanley Steemer has ME on speed dial and visits me every few months the carpet is done.

And I hate it.

And today I got my husband on board and we're going to do something about it.


Sumertime.  And a bed frame.  There's a story there. 
the view in from the front door.  you probably wouldn't want to come in!
(and I wouldn't blame you!)

Here are some before pictures.  (yes, it looks filthy, but as far as what I can do, it's clean, I even shampooed the carpets less than a month ago!)


the view into the kitchen.  yes, the linoleum is the same color as the paint.
it is also the same color as the exterior of the house!

3 comments:

  1. Are you gonna do the cabinets in the kitchen? We had a condo with those cabinets....we painted them white and it looked awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! they're going to be white! I can't wait for that part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's better that it's all beige than some funky 1980's wallpaper covered monstrosity.

    What a difference each change will make!

    ReplyDelete